Dennis’s access across an extensive business network enables him to achieve the best outcomes for all stakeholders in his administrations. Utilising his skills and extensive experience to maximise the result for interested parties and in guiding clients in strategical solutions in their specific circumstances.
In addition to his particular expertise in assisting clients facing challenges to their business find appropriate and effective resolution, Dennis takes formal appointments as liquidator, receiver or administrator, by Court appointment or at the request of secured creditors or directors of financially distressed companies.
He also acts as a trustee in bankruptcy, on appointment by the Federal Court, at the request of the Australian Financial Security Authority or on appointment by insolvent debtors. Commercially prudent strategies are applied to ensure the most productive outcome for all claimants.
Dennis currently controls a large portfolio of companies and individuals in financial distress and manages a team of highly skilled professional staff who attend to the day-to-day operations of those administrations.
Dennis also acts as an expert witness in litigation support matters and gives pre-insolvency advice to clients of accounting practices seeking support.
Dennis has over 30 years’ experience in corporate recovery and personal insolvency matters, and in-depth experience in all areas of business and financial consulting.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Food manufacture. DOCA of a brand name Victorian based food manufacturer with over 100 employees. The business was sold providing a full return to the secured creditor, 20c /$ to unsecured creditors and all employees retained.
- Shipping. Receivership of northern Tasmanian shipping line including the sale of two 300 tonne commercial shipping vessels which were used to transport logs and/or live cargo and produce between Western Port Bay, Victoria and Bridport, Tasmania. Inaccurate logs were kept by the Captain as well as damage to various ports, causing difficulty in achieving a sale. The secured creditor recovered 75% of funds advanced.
- Fine Art and Jewellery. Investigative accounting report and ongoing monitoring of a prominent Collins Street jeweller.
- Transport and Logistics. Winding up of interstate haulage business operating between Melbourne and Perth, with 20 prime-movers and trailers. Debtor finance paid in full and a dividend of 15c/$ to unsecured creditors
- Agribusiness. Co-ordinated the harvest, storage and sale of a large grain and pulse crop, resulting in a significant return to creditors
- Real Estate. Marketed and sold rent rolls from several property management agents. Resulting in dividends to creditors
- Electrical. DOCA of longstanding electrical contractor with 30 employees. The business trade on resulting in 100 c/$ return to the secured creditor and approximately 30c/$ to unsecured creditors
- Landmark. Bankruptcy Decisions Two recently successful legal actions taken under section 121 of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 which resulted in significant returns to creditors
- Expert Witness. Witness on behalf of a government agency in respect of petrol price fixing. Witness for a leading player in the dairy industry in respect of alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act by a customer
- Member – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member – Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
Areas of expertise
- Professional Services
- Expert Witness Reports
- Personal insolvency
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Registered Liquidator
- Trustee in Bankruptcy
In the Community
- Treasurer of a prominent charity which operates a short-term respite centre for children with disabilities