Rachel has over 25 years’ experience working in various restructuring and risk management roles within both chartered accounting firms and the banking industry.
Rachel specialises in distressed debt advisory, stabilization to turnaround, solvent liquidations (streamlining) and formal insolvency appointments helping clients through guidance, tailored solutions and resolving strategic, operational and financial problems.
While working in the banking industry, Rachel’s primary focus was on the management of distressed and non-performing loans across a wide range of industries throughout Australia. Rachel also held responsibilities and led teams as National Credit Risk Leader and relief Chief Risk Officer.
Rachel has acted as Administrator, Deed Administrator and Liquidator and also as an advisor to companies and directors needing stabilisation, solvency and restructuring advice and ‘next practice’ strategic guidance. In addition to advisory, Rachel has conducted workshop sessions with board and management and conducted financial, credit risk and working capital training for banking and credit teams.
Rachel is also one of the supporting partners of the Cor Cordis Womens Forum.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Receiver and Manager of the Chalk Hotel and Associated Development Land in Queensland, which required trading until sale.
- Liquidator of Australian Financial Services Group and Administrator of Strategy Portfolio Limited both Financial Planning business with significant funds under management.
- Advisor to a long standing retail clothing group over 18 months to stabilise cashflow and balance sheet issues, subsequently integrating this with a restructure of the board, management and operations.
- Restructure of manufacturing group based in Victoria, including development of 3 way (balance sheet, profit and loss and cashflow) model to assist the client for the future.
- Member – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow Member, Vic/Tas Vice Chair, Committee Member & Presenter – Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certified Turnaround Member – Turnaround Management Association
Areas of expertise
- Financial Services
- Health (Aged Care & Retirement)
- Health (Pharmaceutical)
- Real Estate & Construction
- Tourism & Leisure
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc): University of South Australia
- Chartered Accountant (CA): Chartered Accountants Aust & NZ
- Registered Liquidator
- Company Directors Course (GAICD): Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graduate Diploma: Australian Restructuring and Turnaround Association
- Certified Turnaround Practitioner: Turnaround Management Association
- Graduate Diploma: Frontline Management: Australian Institute of Management
- Master in Arts, Writing (MA Writing): Swinburne University
- NSW & Vic Independent Liquor and Gaming Licence, Approved Liquidator & RSA
- Safe Harbour Guidance
In the Community
- Workshop Leader – ARITA