Unlock your future potential and launch your career in one of Australia’s leading business advisory firms.
We are searching for an Intermediate Accountant to join our team in Melbourne.
Cor Cordis is a leading independent business advisory firm with expertise in solving complex financial problems, with national presence across Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Sydney.
We unpack the many complex challenges companies face when dealing with financial distress.
From advisory to restructuring and turnaround to forensics and investigations and insolvency, our team of experts develops solutions to optimise financial recovery.
Is this your new role?
We are searching for an Intermediate Accountant to join our Melbourne team.
This role will involve:
- Data entry and maintenance of computerised accounting records.
- Preparation and lodgement of documents with the Australian Financial Security Authority and Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports.
- Dealing with enquiries from creditors and other parties involved in administrations.
- Investigations of individuals’ and companies’ financial affairs.
- Undertaking realisation of assets and recovery of voidable transactions.
- Instructing and liaising with lawyers regarding the conduct of legal proceedings.
- Active participation in meetings of creditors and in meetings with other parties involved in administrations.
- Building relationships with other professionals involved in insolvency with the aim of increasing the reputation of the practice in the marketplace.
- Assisting senior personnel in the administration of various appointments (both company and personal) to ensure that all statutory obligations are met, the assets are recovered and investigations and reporting requirements are completed in a timely and professional manner.
Our ideal candidate
- 2+ years’ recent restructuring and insolvency experience
- Business / accounting related degree or equivalent
- May be CA / CPA qualified or interested in undertaking
- May also be ARITA qualified or undertaking
- An assertive communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technical skills
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and flexibility to the challenges of working in a professional environment
- Strong team orientation.
Life at Cor Cordis
Our emphasis on collaboration and teamwork guarantees you a diverse experience across various industries and businesses, where you'll collaborate closely with our seasoned and skilled professionals.
Our dynamic work environment and the diversity of the clients and industries we deal with, will provide you with the skills you need to help solve complex issues facing businesses as they navigate uncertain times.
Learning & development
- At Cor Cordis, learning drives success. We expect our people to keep challenging themselves, grow new skills and simplify the complex.
- A buddy will ease your transition into the firm and, in addition to on-the-job learning you will have access to both external and internal training.
- Increased study leave for CA ANZ or CPA and ARITA qualifications, in addition to the financial support we provide.
- We support you to develop both your professional and personal skills as you progress your career, leveraging different learning methods and providing financial support for professional memberships.
- Our Cor Cordis Academy encompasses all the learning pathways you need to ensure you build the career that you want, from graduate through to partner level.
Community & culture
- Sociable, diverse and inclusive, our culture has been instrumental to our growth. Built on a set of core values that are at the heart of working at Cor Cordis.
- We’re proud of our strong community partnership with the Starlight Children’s Foundation.\We’re big believers in flexible working as it boosts effectiveness and wellbeing. Chat to your manager about how you can integrate a flexible approach.
- Supporting our people when they need it most.
- Our Wellness Program is aimed at supporting the mental and physical health of our people. We also have 24/7 access to counselling via our Employee Assistance Program.
- We recognise that our employees have different circumstances and Bonus Leave gives you the option to either take additional leave when required or avail themselves of a financial bonus.
- We support paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers.
Cor Cordis is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace to build a high-performing culture where our people feel valued. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Submit your application by 5pm on 16 February 2024.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.