Tasos has over 15 years of experience as an insolvency practitioner having operated in both the personal and company insolvency space across numerous industries.
In that time, he has gained an extensive knowledge of the Bankruptcy Act and Corporations Act as well as a pragmatic and commercial approach in dealing with clients to achieve favourable outcomes.
Tasos oversees the Cor Cordis Bankruptcy division which manages hundreds of bankruptcies across Australia.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Sale of assets including real property, businesses as a going concern, plant and equipment
- Recovery of voidable transactions under the antecedent provisions of both the Bankruptcy Act and Corporations Act
- Managing formal proposals to creditors – compositions and personal insolvency agreements – under the Bankruptcy Act
- Preparation of pre-insolvency advisory reports to financial institutions
- Debtor recovery
- Undertaking major investigations to facilitate asset recoveries
- Managing appointments, both personal and corporate, on behalf of major law firms, banks, finance companies, collection agencies and strata agencies
- Application of Family Law principles in personal insolvency appointments
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA)
Areas of expertise
- Real estate
- Transport and logistics
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Information Systems