“Having been CEO of a listed company, I fully appreciate the pressures directors and business owners face”.
Luke has practised in insolvency and restructuring for more than 25 years. He was previously appointed to the Board of Partners at EY Indonesia and elected to the Board of BDO East Coast Practice.
Unlike many practitioners, Luke has also had significant industry experience having also been the CEO of a dual SGX and ASX listed oil & gas producer and explorer for 4 years. This hands on experience enables Luke to fully understand the pressures and issues facing business owners and their various stakeholders.
Luke also has significant financial advisory experience covering pre lending reviews, transaction advisory, due diligence, independent business reviews and non performing loan management in numerous jurisdictions including London, Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar and Thailand. His assignments advising financial institutions, bond holders, steering committees, borrowers and creditors have included both formal and informal appointments covering modest exposures to those of more than US$1 billion.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Retail: Rhodes & Beckett and Herringbone. Administrator trade and ultimate sale of the high-end fashion business which comprised 29 stores Australia wide and turnover of $40m p.a.
- Retail: NQR. Administrator trading 18 grocery clearance outlets around Victoria. Turnover more than $30m p.a.
- Property: Drystone Industrial estate. Successful sub division and sale of industrial land
- Technology: Confidential: pre lending review for major Australian bank for new to bank loan of $15m in the entertainment industry
- Financial Services: Bank Danamon Tbk. Lead partner advising the Singapore Sovereign Investment fund’s acquisition of the 5th largest listed bank in Indonesia
- Telecommunications: Exelcomindo. Lead partner advising on the acquisition of the 3rd largest mobile telephone network operator in Indonesia
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow FINSIA
- Member ARITA (Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association)
Areas of expertise
- Financial Services
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Natural Resources
- Food & Agribusiness
- Aged Care
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Commerce (Melbourne University)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment
- Registered Liquidator
- Certified Turnaround Analyst
- Professional Year Program (PY)
- Contributing author to “Nonperforming Loan Report: Asia 2002”
- Contributing author to “Global Nonperforming Loan Report:2004”
In the Community
- Member Finance Committee Good Shepherd