“During times of uncertainty, we pride ourselves on our ability to collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders, to provide the best opportunity to resolve strategic and financial challenges”.
Daniel is a founding partner of Cor Cordis, with over 20 years experience in helping businesses and individuals during times of financial uncertainty or distress, whether advising on informal restructures through to formal insolvency appointments.
As an Official and Registered Liquidator, Daniel has undertaken a wide range of formal corporate insolvency appointments for major banks, financiers, boards and directors, across numerous industries
Daniel is also a Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy and oversees one of the largest personal insolvency practices in Australia.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Debt restructuring: Daniel performed an operational and financial diagnostic review of a transport business (debt of c$12m), successfully collaborated across a range of stakeholders, and implemented an informal debt restructure, averting a financial crisis.
- Independent Business Review: On behalf of a major financier, Daniel assisted a large financially distressed dairy, with operations across 3 states, significant levels of creditor arrears (secured debt of c$11m), and a material funding request. Daniel completed an operational, balance sheet and cashflow assessment to help the financier determine the best course of action to manage ongoing risks and monitoring of the group’s divestment strategy.
- Alan Fisher Pastoral Company: As Voluntary Administrator, Daniel successfully stabilised and traded 6 dairy farms (secured debt of $18m), and successfully achieved a sale of all business and assets, including residential properties and plant and equipment, maximising returns for creditors.
- Jeep Apparel: Voluntary Administrator of a 21-store apparel retailer operating under a license arrangement with a global car manufacturer. Daniel managed a stock rationalisation program, negotiated a royalty moratorium, to ensure employees were paid in full and significantly enhanced value for secured creditors.
- Fletcher Jones: Voluntary Administrator of an iconic men’s apparel chain of 45 retail stores, 300 staff, with a turnover of $30m. Daniel helped achieve a Deed of Company Arrangement restructure and a successful sale of the business and assets, preserving jobs and enhancing value for creditors.
- Daniel completed a number of business valuations and complex expert witness reports to support dispute resolutions procesess and litigation matters.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Liquidator
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
Areas of expertise
- Aged Care
- Child Care
- Building and Construction
- Expert Witness Reports
- Business Valuations
Education and accreditation
Bachelor of Business (Accounting)