“I approach each assignment as if I have a personal exposure where my objective is preserve and enhance value to maximise the return for all stakeholders. I achieve this in a collegial team orientated approach where I draw on the significant resources and experience of the wider Cor Cordis Advisory team.”
Cliff is a qualified chartered accountant with over 23 years’ experience in corporate recovery and insolvency, financial investigations and corporate restructuring. He has held senior positions including partner in leading ‘boutique’ corporate restructuring practices in Western Australia.
Cliff has completed numerous informal assignments (as lead accountant in pre-lending and investigating accountant reviews) and formal assignments (as receiver and manager, controller, voluntary administrator, liquidator).
Clients include financial institutions, accountants, credit managers and lawyers.
Cliff has completed 32 months in a big four bank in the risk area, gaining invaluable insight into credit risk operations and the expectations and requirements of clients.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Hospitality – Caves House, Newman Hotel, Carnarvon Hotel, Oakes Broome, Broadwater Geraldton
- Automotive – Bikeworld Group
- Aviation – Alligator Air Services
- Property – Light Park Holdings, Byford Central, Baldivis North,
- Mining Services – Allmine Group. Innotech Services,
- Resources – Griffin Coal, Mirabella, Pluton Resources
- Civil Construction – Correct Line Contracting
- Transport and Logistics – Link Low Loaders, Steel Haul, Financial Resources
- Professional Services – National Franchise Insurance Brokers, Realmark West, CRIProperty, Rockwell Olivier
- Engineering/Manufacturing – DTE Group, Ledger Engineering
- Construction – HIH Group, Goldcon Constructions
- Horticulture/Viticulture – Brookhampton Winery, Jilley Winery
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (“ARITA”)
- Fellow of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (“CAANZ”)
- Member of Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia (Currently Chairman of IPA WA)
Areas of expertise
- Industry – hospitality/tourism, property, building/ construction, engineering, manufacturing, automotive dealerships, retail, manufacturing, mining services horticulture and viticulture professional services, resources, transport and logistics.
- Performing financial analysis to determine profitability, reasons for decline, cash utilisation and insolvency.
- Developing turnaround/restructure strategies.
- Controlling, leading and administering the strategic and financial aspects of insolvency –
- Formal – Receiverships, Voluntary Administrations, Liquidations
- Informal – Restructuring and Turnaround, Business and Investigating Accountants Reviews
- Stakeholder management
- Corporations Act – External Administrations, Directors’ Duties
Education and accreditation
- ARITA – Australia Restructuring Insolvency Turnaround Australia
- Registered Liquidator
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance), Edith Cowan University
- Mining Monthly
- Presentations to financiers, AICM ,ARITA and LegalWise
In the community
- ARITA National Director
- ARITA WA Committee Member
- Ambassador for Youth Focus participating in the annual Ride for Youth , Albany – Perth (13 rides to date)
- Team member of Cor Cordis sponsored team in 2018 Ride for Youth
- MLC Foundation Director
- Chair of the Audit Risk Compliance Committee – MLC Foundation
- Dedicated family man, married with 3 daughters