“The great thing about Cor Cordis is our ability to offer a range of solutions that best fit our client’s needs – and we have the in-house expertise and access to finance to make it happen”.
Andre has over 15 years’ experience delivering informal advice to directors, shareholders and banks, as well as managing formal insolvency appointments across a range of industries: manufacturing, retail, wholesale, hospitality, and agricultural.
Andre is also actively involved in developing and promoting the Cor Cordis Advisory Club in NSW, which is a non-competitive support service for a member network of accountants, lawyers and professional advisers. The Advisory Club provides members with assistance meeting the needs of clients in areas outside their own area of expertise – e.g. advisory, restructuring, insolvency, accessing finance.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Restructuring operations during ongoing trading. Undertaken multiple trade on engagements that have required extensive restructuring and asset realisation strategies to maximise outcomes for all stakeholders, across a variety of industries.
- Debt restructuring. Successfully refinanced the food processor / wholesaler’s debt with the incumbent lender and negotiated an extension of the facilities.
- Operational review. Undertook strategic review of fashion wholesaler / retailer’s operations and financial management process and developed road map for the company to monitor and improve its operations.
- Strategic review of property portfolio. Devised strategy for developer to successfully restructure portfolio taking into account obligations to financiers and market conditions.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Areas of expertise
- Formal insolvencies including administrations, liquidations, and receiverships
- Business reviews of underperforming companies for directors and shareholders including: identifying strategic options to improve a company’s performance, assessing working capital requirements; and assessing funding options (debt and equity).
- Investigating accountant reports for financiers.
Education and accreditation
- Registered Liquidator
- Insolvency Practitioners of Australia Association program (IPAA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants program (CA)
- Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Law
- Masters of Commerce
- Financial Analysis Certificate
In the Community
- Undertakes presentations to various industry and CA/CPA discussion groups
- Mentoring role in the Southern Cross University Bright Futures Student Alumni Mentor Program