“When facing strategic and financial challenges, we act quickly and work closely with our clients and their stakeholders. Our goal is to restore stability, protect reputations and enhance value”.
Barry has over 20 years business advisory experience guiding stakeholders across on a broad range of advisory assignments, with a key focus on Restructuring & Turnaround.
With a mid-market advisory focus, Barry specialises in helping businesses deal with their challenges whether stabilising businesses, diagnosing causes of strategic or financial issues, implementing debt restructures or providing turnaround advice.
Significant engagements (and industry)
- Implementing turnaround and workout strategies on a c$300m non-performing loan portfolio on behalf of a major financier.
- Safe Harbour adviser to a Utilities group and a Retail Technology business.
- An extensive number of advisory roles across the Transport & Logistics sector, including business stabilisations, informal restructures, performance improvement and formal insolvency roles.
- An independent business review and debt restructure of a large retail group on behalf of a banking syndicate with debt of c$100m.
- Voluntary Administrator of the Acquire Learning Group, a vocational education student broking and RTO business which had, before its decline, revenues of c$130m and secured debt of c$40m.
- Executed formal MIS realisation strategies across large complex listed forestry businesses (Gunns Ltd and Willmott Forests Ltd), including managing large forestry plantations and running recapitalisation processes.
- Numerous Independent Business Review or Pre-Lends in the mid-market sector, across a range of industries on behalf of major financiers.
- Turnaround Managers Association
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
Areas of expertise
- Implementing Restructuring & Turnaround strategies
- Conducting independent business reviews
- Safe Harbour advisory
- Debt Advisory
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigations)
- Certificate IV in Government (Fraud Control)